Technology and social media have changed the way educators teach, how students learn, and the way teachers, students, and parents communicate.
Frankel Jewish Academy strives to implement the latest technology available in the classroom and in the hands of its students. Frankel Jewish Academy is able to provide:
• A one to one iPad initiative
• iMacs and MacBook Airs
• Interactive whiteboards in every classroom
• PAL coures in digital photography, graphic design, and video production
• Schoology – A learning management system that assists students with time management and basic organizational skills
• A Digital Fabrication Lab (currently in development), through a partnership with the William Davidson Foundation and the Teaching Institute for Excellence in STEM (TIES), the nation’s foremost innovator in STEM design, curriculum, and instructional support.
• The Genisis STEAM lab, through a partnership with the William Davidson Foundation and the Teaching Institute for Excellence in STEM (TIES), the nation’s foremost innovator in STEM design, curriculum, and instructional support.
iPads transform the teacher-student dynamic enabling teachers to guide students to expand their learning.
Please read Frankel Jewish Academy’s Acceptable Use Policy for further information.
Digital Library & Databases
Mel: The Michigan eLibrary: Open 24/7, MeL is an online library for Michigan residents.
The West Bloomfield Public Library has an extensive collection of databases. To view, visit http://wblib.org/elibrary/databases.php. You can choose a subject or browse the entire collection by clicking on “See Fill List of Databases.”
Ms. Patti Shayne
Director of Technology
(248) 592-5263, ext. 225