Skip To Main Content
- 1996 A group of Hillel Day School parents decides to start a new community high school, eventually pitching the idea to Federation CEO Bob Aronson.
- 2000 The Jewish Academy of Metro Detroit begins with 9th and 10th grade classes operating from a collection of trailers at the JCC. Rabbi Lee Buckman is named Head of School.
- 2006 JAMD receives a significant gift from Jean and Samuel Frankel; the school is renamed in their honor becoming Frankel Jewish Academy.
- 2008 Rabbi Eric Grossman becomes second Head of School. Total enrollment exceeds 100 students. The school year begins in its current facility within the JCC.
- 2012 The Class of 2012 commencement means FJA’s alumni network now exceeds 500 graduates.
- 2015 Rabbi Azaryah Cohen is named FJA’s third Head of School.
- 2016 The addition of Partrich Field provides FJA a professional pitch for Jaguar soccer games.
- 2017 Courtesy of a grant from the William Davidson Foundation, FJA opens its STEAM makerspace, GENESIS LAB.
- 2018 FJA honors Robert Aronson at its Annual Gala on and holds its 16th Commencement Ceremony.