Mission & Core Values
Frankel Jewish Academy is a rigorous college preparatory high school pursuing academic excellence and Jewish literacy. We inspire students to think critically, creatively and compassionately; to dedicate themselves to Jewish tradition, peoplehood, and the State of Israel; and to become lifelong learners and leaders.
Frankel Jewish Academy strives to create and maintain a positive learning environment in which all students have the opportunity to grow academically, Jewishly, emotionally and socially. At FJA, we believe that a high standard of academics goes hand in hand with a high standard of ethics. In support of this belief, we have created a set of Core Values that guides our school community:
- Respecting the importance of Jewish values, mitzvot*, and daily prayer.
- Acting with derech eretz*.
- Pursuing excellence in Jewish and general scholarship.
- Committing to honesty, integrity, accountability, and personal responsibility inside and outside the classroom and in the general community.
- Respecting all members of the FJA community and all human beings as created in the image of God.
- Participating in and serving the FJA community and the larger Jewish and general communities.
* mitzvot = Jewish laws, also called commandments or good deeds
* derech eretz = respectful and proper behavior